Depending on the timing, some of those frames could've been non-tick frames.

From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Saul Rennison
Sent: Tuesday, July 05, 2011 4:12 PM
To: Mart-Jan Reeuwijk; Half-Life dedicated Win32 server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds] Lower server-side FPS with recent updates?

But ticks occur inside a frame, so if you have a constant FPS of 66, you
will also have a constant tick rate of 66. It makes no logical sense that
doing more frames in a second is useful, because no ticks will occur in
them. Hence, there is no change in hit detection, because no more network
updates are sent out, or no more client->server move packets are processed,
so the world doesn't change whatsoever between ticks/frames.

A Valve employee could prove me wrong here but the proof is all in the
Quake/Source Engine leak source code.

--

Kind regards,

Saul Rennison