He meant connect to your server from TF2, not ft2. You enter the console
variables (convars) in the TF2 console.

On Saturday, 22 October 2011, kelly joe <whitenoi...@ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Thankx thats cleared a few things up. Does that mean you have to let other
players on, or can it remain private and password protected?

> Also, what is ft2, and how do you connect via client, do I have to
download ft2? Where do the convars come from, and where do you get the
registration values from?

> Thanks
>
> Sorry about all the questions, this is only my second server!
>

> On 22 October 2011 13:49, James Botting <bottswan...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> You Connect to your server via the ft2 client, open console and issue the
identity create command (off the top of my head I think it is
cl_create_server_identity, but check that on the valve docs) then copy the
two cvars outputted by the command to your server.cfg

Kind regards,
*Saul Rennison*