What are you guys talking about when you say ADs?  Are we talking about
those annoying servers that play AD videos in their MOTD?  What the heck is
the benefit of running those annoying things on your servers anyways?  I
don't understand...
On Aug 11, 2012 5:30 PM, "Cameron Munroe" <cmun...@cameronmunroe.com> wrote:

> My point is that if I chose to run Ads I shouldn't get ransacked by the
email lists' High Priest.  If I chose to run my server with ads so that I
don't need to go to the steps of nighteam and it works then why does this
email thread solely based on "ads." I for one don't like having to sell
"donator rights" to my players just so that they can have above a 1.00 kd.

> Once again my point is that both ends of the stick can be used to stab
you and you.  So Stop making the thread all about you use "ads" then your
BAD, as I am not. I simply have used something that worked best for us.

> On Aug 11, 2012, at 3:35 PM, Todd Pettit wrote:
>
> > How about reporting clans who are actually in violation of Valves
"Policy of Truth" instead of inciting a witch hunt of clans and steam
groups more successful than yours.

> > Nightteam and other clans may have crazy benefits for their members and
they may be for sale too but they are not in violation of any policies and
the members would be upset if you shut them down.
> > Just cause you think something is abusive doesn't make it so. The
players determine what is and is not abusive.

> > There is a huge difference between running ADs and selling perks and
admin rights than violating Valves policy of truth.

> > Fake Clients, Bot Pings, Bot Avatars manipulate the quickplay system
and fool newer players into thinking they are playing with humans.
> > The player is never aware of this and it takes traffic away from
servers who are obeying the policy.

> > If you don't like Ads, perks and selling admin just don't do it. It is
not abusive just cause you think it is. Stick to the policy, please.

hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>