Yes, indeed, although I would point out that Valve's already told server
owners to convert to SteamPipe in preparation for the update anyway, but
that's not something to be argued over the mailing list.

I think there is some beta gamedata floating around somewhere that I'll try
out to see whether the issues are fixed.