I've not had time to review the whole thread, so apologies if this has
been covered elsewhere.

It occurs to me that one scenario that needs to considered is when a
machine moves from a network which wants to suppress IPv4 to one which
is still providing IPv4 (possibly only IPV4).

To make that work implies that the DHCPv4 client should still exist in
the IPv4-suppressed state, doing nothing except looking for loss of
ethernet carrier or change of wireless ESSID, at which time is should
try again to get a DHCPv4 lease.

However this is implemented, just killing the DHCP client is not going
to cut it.

My personal feeling is that suppressing IPv4 should be a a DHCPv4
function, that keeps the go-into-hibernation transition solely in the
DHCPv4 code, it also means the when IPv4 support finally goes, so does
the transition mechanism.

Simon.