As I already expected it has to do with the number of arguments. In
"AutoCtrlPointCreator.cpp" you can find the following code that is used when
specifying too many command line parameters
wxArrayString arguments = wxCmdLineParser::ConvertStringToArgs(
autopanoArgs);
if (arguments.GetCount() > 127) {
DEBUG_ERROR("Too many arguments for call to wxExecute()");
DEBUG_ERROR("Try using the %s parameter in preferences");
wxMessageBox( _("Could not execute command: " + autopanoExe),
_("wxExecute Error"), wxOK | wxICON_ERROR, parent);
return cps;
}
It currently can't be changed as it is the maximum number of arguments for
an external command. I could only apply a patch that makes the error message
a little clearer.
wxMessageBox( _("Too many arguments (images). Try using the %s
parameter in preferences.\n\n Could not execute command: " + autopanoExe),
_("wxExecute Error"), wxOK | wxICON_ERROR, parent);
The mentioned %s parameter (%s -- input panotools script) currently doesn't
work with the plugin structure due to design. I can't get it to work either
using the "alternative" autopano-sift program", not on osx and neither on
ubuntu. But that might be due to the fact that I don't know how to specify
the %s script. I assumed that when opening the images and directly saving it
to a .pto, this .pto was automatically the "input panotools script". But
obviously it isn't.
Anyone that can shine some light on this?
If %s is an automatic parameter then where does it get it's value?
Harry
2009/4/11 Harry van der Wolf <[email protected]>
> Hi Habi,
>
> I can reproduce the problem. Both on my macbook as well as my ubuntu
> server.
>
> I first renamed them to p001.png - p166.png [1] and moved them to /tmp, to
> see whether the command line length could be a problem. It's not that: not
> on osx and neither on ubuntu.
>
> I think it has to do with the number of images (parameters) that hugin
> needs to parse to the autopano control. If I run panomatic from the command
> line with your 166 images like "panomatic -o habi.pto *.png", it works fine
> (it takes long, but it works fine).
>
> I assume the variable for the parameters (that holds the images) is
> dimensioned to small. The value of a maximum of 128 (4bits) parameters,
> automatically comes to mind. "(system command) panomatic -o %o %i", where
> "(system command) panomatic -o o%" are the first four parameters, leaving
> room for 127 -4 =123 prameters (=123 images).
>
> I did a quick of the source code but I'm such a lousy C++ programmer that I
> couldn't find it.
>
> Can you file a bug (or feature request) for it? I'm not sure whether this
> can be expanded to say 256 or 1024 or ...
>
> Harry
>
>
> [1]: I wrote a automatic finder extension for that one about 1½ year ago to
> easily rename large sets of photo's. Select a whole set of photos,
> right-click and specify a prefix. Maybe I should post it here?
>
>
> 2009/4/10 Habi <[email protected]>
>
>
>> hey all.
>>
>> i have a follow-up on the old thread "YouTube Video to Panoramic" [1]:
>>
>> today while skiing i was a bit bummed that i forgot my camera at home,
>> since the weather would have been perfect to shoot some mountain-
>> panoramas. nonetheless i've managed to shoot two panoramas which
>> turned out nicer than expected, with my phone and from a movie.
>> i've extracted the image sequence of the movies i've shot while
>> panning the nice scenery, and took a wild guess about the HFOV,
>> stitched the slices with hugin and was quite surprised how good the
>> panoramas turned out. if you'd like to see how it all was done, i've
>> explained it here:
>> http://habi.gna.ch/2009/04/10/panoramas-from-low-quality-movies/
>>
>> in the process of generating these panoramas i also stumbled over
>> something quite unexpected and wanted to ask here if this has happened
>> to somebody else. maybe we can narrow it down so i can file a correct
>> bug-report or note an error on my side.
>>
>> when i've added all images from the movie to hugin (0.8.0-RC3 by Harry
>> on OS X 10.5.6) i got quite a weird behaviour:
>> trying to generate control points for all the images of the first
>> movie [2] didn't work, hugin complained that i couldn't execute (any)
>> of the feature matching scripts [3], which normally work like a charm.
>> weird, but on thinking a bit more i thought it wouldn't be a good idea
>> to stitch 166 images anyway. so in the end i resorted to stitching the
>> panoramas using only 20 or 32 images from the movies, which worked
>> well, as seen above.
>>
>> on further inspection i stumbled over even more weirdness: reducing
>> the amount of imaged didn't really help until down to 124 images. in
>> this case standard OS X "fail"-dialo popped up [4], but hugin didn't
>> quit and worked on [also 4], or more precisely didn't do anything at
>> all. reducing the amount of images to 123 resulted in an almost
>> instantaneous crash of hugin, after pressing the "Create control
>> points button". i suspect an "overflow" with some internal counter but
>> would never be able to find anything in the code. i also suspect that
>> trying to stitch a panorama with more than 122 images was never
>> intended.
>>
>> BTW: using 122 images works well and creates + 41000 control points
>> after about 15 minutes of searching. But I don't dare to optimize
>> these on my puny MacBook Pro :)
>>
>> can somebody with more insight into the codebase and/or a similar set
>> of images confirm my error or debunk it?
>>
>> wish you all a happy easter.
>> habi
>>
>> [1]:
>> http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx/browse_thread/thread/6268f15009f18eb9/
>> [2]: 166 images, if you want, you can download them here:
>> http://habi.gna.ch/tmp/pano1.zip it's a 33 MB .zip-file including all
>> slices
>> [3]: http://habi.gna.ch/tmp/166.png
>> [4]: http://habi.gna.ch/tmp/124a.png and http://habi.gna.ch/tmp/124b.png
>> >>
>>
>
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at:
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---