On Sun, Apr 12, 2009 at 4:27 AM, Harry van der Wolf <[email protected]>wrote:

> As I already expected it has to do with the number of arguments. In
> "AutoCtrlPointCreator.cpp" you can find the following code that is used when
> specifying too many command line parameters
>
>     wxArrayString arguments = wxCmdLineParser::ConvertStringToArgs(
> autopanoArgs);
>     if (arguments.GetCount() > 127) {
>         DEBUG_ERROR("Too many arguments for call to wxExecute()");
>          DEBUG_ERROR("Try using the %s parameter in preferences");
>         wxMessageBox( _("Could not execute command: " + autopanoExe),
> _("wxExecute Error"), wxOK | wxICON_ERROR, parent);
>          return cps;
>     }
>
> It currently can't be changed as it is the maximum number of arguments for
> an external command. I could only apply a patch that makes the error message
> a little clearer.
>         wxMessageBox( _("Too many arguments (images). Try using the %s
> parameter in preferences.\n\n Could not execute command: " + autopanoExe),
> _("wxExecute Error"), wxOK | wxICON_ERROR, parent);
>
>
> The mentioned %s parameter (%s -- input panotools script) currently doesn't
> work with the plugin structure due to design. I can't get it to work either
> using the "alternative"  autopano-sift program", not on osx and neither on
> ubuntu. But that might be due to the fact that I don't know how to specify
> the %s script. I assumed that when opening the images and directly saving it
> to a .pto, this .pto was automatically the "input panotools script". But
> obviously it isn't.
>
> Anyone that can shine some light on this?
> If %s is an automatic parameter then where does it get it's value?
>
> Harry
>
>
Hello,

This bug was reported a while ago (long time now) and at the time we were in
a string freeze.  As a result, I couldn't change the message reported to the
user. So a debug message was created instead.   The limitation is from
wxWidgets, specifically the wxExecute() call.  Perhaps a newer version of
wxwidgets doesn't have this problem.  I believe the %s parameter causes
hugin to generate temporary .pto file that is passed to the control point
finder.  I'll take a look to confirm this.

I am unfamiliar with the plug-in architecture that is being used on the Mac
OSX bundle so no info there.

Best Regards,

- Gerry

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to