I absolutely believe that you can solve what I have not been able to, and I gladly accept your offer to 'give it a try'. As to your idea that I may have a misconception about what the modern camera equivalent of the source files is, I am glad to think outside any box I have put myself in. You can view the sources, in a manner of speaking at this URL:
http://memory.loc.gov/cgi-bin/addItemLink.pl?tourl=/gmd/gmd416m/g4164m/g4164sm/gpm00001/gpm00001.html&style=gmd&itemLink=r?ammem/gmd:@field%28NUMBER+@band%28g4164sm+gpm00001%29%29 and you can get a very brief description of the process that was followed, here: http://books.google.com/books?id=3mI1wvk_o3cC&pg=PA172&dq=camille+dry&hl=en&ei=qwxxTbKaMIXWtQO68uHYCw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CDUQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=camille%20dry&f=false Since a representative test case can be reduced to a 6-sample grid, if you can tell me how I can post those files on this forum, I will gladly do so. I had previously thought that a valid test case had to work with the original, highly-dense content at the best resolution I can get from the Library of Congress, that has always meant about 300MBs in and 300MNs out for this test, but if you can move me forward to the correct configuration of parameters to use with Hugin by working with jpegs, I will guess I can reduce the total file transfer to around 20MBs. Other than that, since a manual set of Control Points is the only way to get a 'first approximation' of the correct result, I would send you the 28 coordinate pairs that work to save you that pain, but again, if you want jpegs, I will need to perform that compression and repeat my build with those sources to get the equivalent Control Points. On Mar 4, 1:54 am, kfj <[email protected]> wrote: > On 4 Mrz., 04:55, tcorbet <[email protected]> wrote: > > > 08. If it will help clarify what I can only poorly explain with > > words, I will try to upload screenshots of previews before and after > > being forced to press the Step 2 Align button so you can see what I am > > talking about. Otherwise, if you can just provide some specific step- > > by-step gestures that might get me some output ieven if it is a lost > > cause for me to ever truly understand that all your control parameters > > mean in order to be able to drive them correctly by myself. > > > Thank you for taking the time to read through this, and thanks for a > > great piece of software even if I do not get through the workflow to a > > final result. > > Greetings, alien. I think your problem interesting. Let me start with > a few suspicions I have: > > - I think you may be mistaken wanting to create a mosaic from your > images. The process of having a tower distant from the scene implies a > single point of view. This is not what hugin mosaics are, they are > taken from differing points of view, usually with the optical axis on > the normal of the image plane of a large planar object (like, a > facade). I'd propose you leave X,Y and Z well alone and only work on > y,p and r, just like on an 'ordinary' panorama. > > - I also think that you may be too attached to whatever progress > you've made on your path so far. Let me propose a different startegy: > radically compress your images to some few megapixels and play with > them, starting afresh withe a new project every now and then , and try > different strategies. Since you're a beginner, you may find it much > harder to recover from an erroneous step (you may not even be aware of > what needs to be done for the recovery) than to get it right in a > fresh project. Once you've figured out a promising path, it's simple > to scale up again and do it 'properly'. > > -Some of us, on this planet, have coerced images to a decent fit you > wouldn't believe. What I personally find hard to do, though, is trying > to figure out what someone has done wrong when they show us their > erroneous results. I think it would be more helpful if you put a > sample of your images, yet again, compressed reasonably, maybe in > download-friendly JPEG format, online somewhere, and let the > inhabitants of planet hugin have a go at them. Putting a sample bunch > of pictures out as a challenge is much more likely to produce a > helpful response to your problem than describing what has not worked > for you. If any of us succeed in stitching your image set, we can tell > you what we did and put you on the right path. > > Kay -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group. A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
