On 4 Mrz., 20:24, tcorbet <[email protected]> wrote: > Use this test grid: > > 26 - 23 - 24 > 06 - 03 - 04
I've also had a go at the data. My first observation is that the data aren't as precise as one would wish. The overlap may be good for some points and, at the same time, bad for others, along the same seam. This had to be expected, considering the nature of the content as a work of art and not of map-making, so a certain amount of leeway wouldn't deminish the artistic value, but 'scientific' evaluation would show up the differences. Also, the images were obviously drawn at different times - sometimes buildings are there on one image and aren't on another. I chose to render the images as a mosaic after all, even though from a test grid that small it's hard to tell for sure if this is optimal, I reckon it's agood guess. Optimizing for y,p and r produced very similar results to optimizing for X,Y and Z (plus r and v, for goos measure). You have to choose one image as an anchor and leave its x,y,z and r at zero. I chose orthographic projection for input and architectonic for output, and a rule-of-thumb starting fov of 8 degrees, with hfov decoupled to allow for small variations in size. Altogether the fit is acceptable, though at the seams the lack of precision will show in blending artifacts which, if you'd want to make the effort, would require manual intervention (consider masking if you want to do it in hugin). A perfect fit won't be possible, since the source data aren't precisely overlapping. The 'big picture' is quite pleasant, though, and the blender will put the seams so that visual disturbance is minimized and will only show up on close inspection. How this approach scales up to processing more of the grid, and how to cope with the lack of overlap I noticed towards the edge of the grid, I can't tell. I'll leave it at this and finish with a brief description of my process: - downloaded the original data - converted them to TIFF, keeping original filename body - loaded into hugin as orthographic images with 8 degrees hfov - unlinked hfov - optimized for X,Y, r, v with bottom center image fixed - rendered as architectural projection Find the pto at http://ubuntuone.com/p/gB6/ Kay -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Hugin and other free panoramic software" group. A list of frequently asked questions is available at: http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ To post to this group, send email to [email protected] To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx
