On 4 Nov., 23:42, JohnPW <[email protected]> wrote:

> I always feel like I would like to see where Hugin has
> decided to put the blend seams and see if I agree.

Hugin isn't placing the seams, the seam placement is done by enblend.
Enblend only generates one single unlayered image, so it's
(hopefully ;-) hard to tell where the seams are placed - it's using
quite spohisticated methods to place the seams so that they're as
visually unobtrusive as possible, but it can't modify the images it's
fed with, so some errors just can't be avoided. It would be nice if
enblend could somehow convey it's seam placement, e. g. by outputting
a layered image or a diagram, but it doesn't seem to be on anybody's
todo list...

> I On the other
> hand, it has always worked better than I expected it would and I
> appreciate the fact that it's easy to understand and straightforward
> to use. Now that I have tried the technique I described, I appreciate
> Hugin's implementation even more. It's hard to keep track of what's
> going on in a regular image editor full of layers and masks.

Once you get the hang of the masks, they're pretty much all you need
in most cases, and they're tailormade for the (panorama) job with nice
shortcuts like applying masks to stacks and such. Still evolving and
getting better.

Kay

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/hugin-ptx

Reply via email to