Matthew Petroff wrote:
Terry,

I read the paper, and I don't think you'll be able to use your existing images. 
The technique is based on first calibrating a lens to find spatially varying 
point spread functions via a patch-based method and then using the known blur 
kernel to correct subsequent images. Without properly calibrated point spread 
functions, it won't work, and none of the downloads provide their calibration 
target or code to generate the point spread functions. It also only corrects 
for blurs inherent in the lens
optics, not motion blurs.

Yes; I think it's intended as a contributing part of lens design.

SInce all lens design involves compromises between various abberations,
if some abberations can be post-removed in software, these abberations
can be given less weight in the lens design process.

  BugBear

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/524BE8C0.2060502%40papermule.co.uk.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to