Hello Matthew,

On Sat, 05 Oct 2013 00:48:50 +1000, Matthew Petroff <[email protected]> wrote:

Terry,

I modified the MATLAB script to only run their algorithm and use the
provided motion blur blur kernel on a full size image. Here are the results
when run on an 18MP photo I had:

Original:
http://i.imgur.com/rRwaKbc.jpg

Blurred:
http://i.imgur.com/NyGg6JN.jpg

Deconvoluted:
http://i.imgur.com/fCeOTGy.jpg

The results look quite good.
Almost all the examples I have seen of non-blind deconvolution, where the example image is blurred by a given kernel and then de-blurred using that kernel, come out looking good.


The script takes the original image, applies the blur kernel, adds Gaussian noise to both the blurred image and the blur kernel, and then runs the deconvolution. It took an hour and a half, maxing out all four cores of my 4.2GHz Ivy Bridge processor.

I'm not surprised, that is a big image and it is quite an intensive process.


If you have any images you want me to test,
I'd be happy to do so. We just need a good way to estimate an image's blur kernel.

This is the difficult bit. I have worked with a few different approaches to estimating the blur kernel. It has been a while now since I was deeply engrossed in this stuff, so I'll have to have a look back in my archives and refresh my memory a tad. Give me bit of time, and I'll see if I can get a reasonable kernel for my test image.

Cheers,
--
Regards,
Terry Duell

--
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
--- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/op.w4gcvrkrrs0ygh%40localhost.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to