I scanned a painting of mine (that I think is on canvas that is over 
cardboard) in scans of four all overlapping sections, and followed the 
tutorial on connecting scanned pieces. It works almost ok if I do it 
automatically (without the tutorial), but Hugin seemed to make bands/waves 
of significantly differing colour tone that are not on the original, but 
are sort of parallel--but curved--in relation to the painting's horizon. If 
I follow the tutorial, then one side of the image gets connected maybe ok, 
but the other side has some 3D warp that seems to have little to do with 
the original. I am not an expert on Hugin or anything similar, but what 
could be happening or could I be doing wrong for this case?

The painting itself can be called flat, but the medium was woven, but not 
sanded several times after priming to make it flat, so the weave still 
shows up a bit when looking extremely closely. That seems to make it hard 
for Hugin to detect all the points (since the weave casts shadows) though 
on one or two sets it detects tens of points... maybe the problem is it is 
in four sections, more than the points... well, when I add points in the 
ones that were not connected, Hugin cannot automatically detect them, but 
as I said, it did connect two sets of the four with many automatic 
points... it is strange. Anyway, I am not really sure what went wrong or 
what to do. I can upload what I am trying to connect somewhere, such as on 
my own server (which would be slow to download the about 1 GB, but I could 
maybe use  deviantART) if that would help... if anyone is willing to help.

I hope this is not too complicated, but I hope that if no one had done 
something like this, someone involved with Hugin could figure out how. I 
know it is possible with this sort of software, because I had the same 
painting professionally scanned & connected as a poster for me many years 
ago, and the graphician did it perfectly.

-- 
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/de326e6b-c09d-443a-9108-c32c6e67b989%40googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to