2013/10/5 T. Modes <[email protected]>

> Some comments from me:
>
> Am Sonntag, 29. September 2013 00:35:44 UTC+2 schrieb Frederic Da Vitoria:
>>
>>  - tclap OK
>>
>
> not needed any more (except in some rare case - when you want to build a
> test program keypoints)
>
>  - Lensfun : I found a 0.2.5, no 2.5.1.
>>
> 0.2.7 is okay.
>
>
>>  - libxmi OK
>>  - STLport OK
>>  - lcms OK
>>
>
>  The libraries were used for compiling enblend-enfuse. When using the
> pre-compiled binaries from sourceforge it is not needed.
> Furthermore enblend changed and does not use this libraries any more
>

Thanks for the tips, Thomas.

I took me some time to understand my problem with the Windows SDK.
Actually, the problem is still not solved and I don't know what is going
on. Here is what I did:

I checked my SDK installation for the compilers. Because I was unsure, I
uninstalled them. I found it impossible to know which items were installed
by the SDK and which were part of Visual C++. so I decided to uninstall
both and reinstall them. I got a message telling me uninstalling was
dangerous and that re-installing could prove impossible. I decided to
proceed nonetheless. Then I reinstalled Visual C++ and proceeded to the
SDK.

The SDK first refused to install, just like the first time it installed.
Like the first time, I had to remove the C++ 2010 redistributables in order
to reach the window where I could check which options were about to be
installed. When checking the compilers, I noted that the checkbox was not
working properly: it never unchecks itself. But I also noted that the
required space varied and I deduced that when the required space was larger
it meant the compilers would be installed. Anyhow, which ever option I
chose, this does not work, and opening the SDK prompt gives the message:
"The x64 compilers are not currently installed. Please go to Add/Remove
Programs to update your installation." I googled this and found a solution
(
http://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/683852/fail-to-install-windows-sdk-to-add-x64-cross-compiler-to-visual-c-2010-express-running-on-x86-pc-based)
telling me not to install the compilers with the SDK but install the
compiler SP after. This is what I did. I managed to compile STLport with no
error and 45 warnings. I now understand that I don't need this step,
Thomas, but that was a few days ago.

Now I am stuck a little further down the road: I am at the lcms step (once
again, I now know this is not necessary, but I believe the issues I find
here will block me further anyhow). In Visual C++, I select lcms,
right-click and chose the properties. I can change the configuration to
Release but the only Platform offered is Win32.

Sorry to be annoying you with those basic questions. I thought this would
be moderately difficult. I did compiling 20 years ago (essentially
assembly) and since then I only used Borland Delphi EDIs which completely
mask the compiling complexities. I am starting to wonder if I am up to this
task.

-- 
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

Membre de l'April - « promouvoir et défendre le logiciel libre » -
http://www.april.org

-- 
A list of frequently asked questions is available at: 
http://wiki.panotools.org/Hugin_FAQ
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"hugin and other free panoramic software" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To view this discussion on the web visit 
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/hugin-ptx/CANe_y9TLioio1iVM4GwgRQHSWeYoYesK9DYydUrzCyiKXnjX4w%40mail.gmail.com.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.

Reply via email to