Am Tue, 01 Sep 2009 01:16:48 +1000
schrieb Patrick Shirkey <pshir...@boosthardware.com>:

> On 09/01/2009 12:56 AM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield wrote:
> > Hi Guys,
> >
> > There has been a lot of talk about new features, new directions, etc.,
> > etc.  In addition, Patrick is doing a good job of drumming up support for
> > the "Live" direction -- so we may see more developers.
> >
> > I suggest that we collect all feature requests and future directions into
> > one document.  (Well, as many as we can....)
> >
> > Then, let's agree on what we do and do not want... and make a semi-formal
> > specification for what Hydrogen "should be." -- Including mock-ups of
> > screens and menus.
> >
> > Then, let's set up a roadmap for how we plan to get there.  (E.g. right
> > now we have semi-tentative plans on what order to merge some of the
> > existing branches.)
> >
> > In the end, I think this will get us "there" faster, and allow better
> > coordination as features get added.
> >
> > What do you think?

hi gabriel,
this is a really good idea.

> I think it's the right approach and will save some hassles down the line
> as well as give people something to aim for.
>
>  From my perspective I see the sampler interface requiring the following
> core features:
>
> - Multiple song playback at one time - has anyone tried this yet with
> the playlist code?
> - Instant song loading (internal)
> - Midi bindings for the sample buttons (for controlling internal playback)
> - Per song volume control
>

> I see these as nice to have but not essential for immediate dev targets.
>
> - multiple bpm counters/per song bpm
> - midi control for external apps
> - instant multitrack record via jack/ardour/renoise etc...
> - Save session state with lash
> - load/bind to external apps/sessions and trigger playback per sample button
>

> Cheers.
>

> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd

hi patrick,
as i say, i like your idea. but with the current interface and backend this
functions are impossible to realise.

what you need is something like a hydrogen player.
this is something like one instance witch can load h2 songs and play them.
that means. the instance load the needed samples and and the pattern
arrangement.
and with your nice interface it will be possible to control multiple of this
instances.
i think this is the way which will work, and makes sense for an great
advanced_loop_and_sample_fun_by_midi_controlled_player.
greetings wolke