We can connect to IBM and other known Internet websites just fine from our
mainframes but some of our Intranet(s) are prohibited, like the one my PC is
on.  We also are not allowed remote access to our HMC(s).   I can't vouch
for our network people, I was just stating what they apparently consider to
be security risks.   These "risks" prevent connecting to was.exe on my PC
from ISPF.