Technically, a worm. It was an exec that if you executed it, it sent
itself to everyone in your address list. Back in the days of bitnet.
Tended to fill VM spool

Cookie and its ilk required the prankster to physically access your
logged on session.

Dave Gibney
Information Technology Services
Washington State University