>Writing to contiguous slots and over allocation is mentioned, but unless I
>missed it the "old" ROT (and health check) of not having more than 30%
>of the slots allocated is not specifically addressed.   Certainly with 4K
>pages (for the most part) and 3390-27 (or bigger) that 30% ROT doesn't
>apply anymore?    50% of a mod-27 is still a helava lot of free slots.

I think it still applies. My understanding has always been that the 30% usage
(after which paging effectiveness drastically drops) applies to the algorithm
used on the in-storage control blocks to pick the next free slot in a page data
set. Unless that algorithm was redesigned, 30% of 44.9GB per page dataset is
what you should not exceed (just as the health check says) in AUX usage.
Redesign of that is IMHO unlikely, just as using more than 2 IOs on a page data
set simultaneously would require (an unlikely) redesign.

>Sometimes the need for the appearance of an "autonomic, self-healing" system
>becomes more important than the need for an "autonomic, self-healing" system.
>;-) But, you're also saying close to 50% of health checks are useful, so that's
>good thing.
I consider about 30 of the 180-200 checks (1.12) useful. Otherwise I'll stay
out of *this* discussion.

Barbara