On Thu, 2 Feb 2012 16:50:44 -0800, Skip Robinson <jo.skip.robin...@sce.com>
wrote:

>There is a much lower limit to worry about than the one that prevents new
>works from starting. At around 50%, SVC dump will fail with 'ASM
>shortage'. This barrier has been discussed recently at SHARE. IBM agrees
>that SVCDUMP's ASM calculation as implemented is too strict, but it still
>carries the day. With no SVC dumps possible, many would consider a system
>hobbled.

Interesting.  Is there an APAR that has more detail as to when this happens?
Not too long ago I know we were getting warning messages about an
LPAR that had hit 50% and I'm pretty sure I saw an email from a
coworker that they manually took an SVCDUMP prior to adding some
additional page volumes.

Regards,

Mark
mailto:m...@mzelden.com