On 3/3/2012 3:16 AM, Robert Prins wrote:
Needlessly to say, when I bought a new PC for myself at the beginning
of this year, and a new notebook for my wife, I stayed away as far as
possible from HP.

I don't know if my experience was an exception, but even if it was,
that is no way to treat your customers!

Back in 2004 I purchased a Compaq laptop that included a rebate for either cash or software. Also they had a "deal" on a memory stick with a rebate. They refused both rebates on the grounds that I didn't send them in in a timely fashion (within 45 days of purchase!). While I kept and used the laptop until it gave up the ghost, I replaced all my HP printers with Kyocera, with cheaper and better features, and sleep soundly that they lost more on toner sales than the rebates would have cost them.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT