Long ago, a friend had an IBM PS/2. The monitor failed.

Being a mainframer, she called hardware support -- the same number she'd call
for a broken mainframe. IBM promptly dispatched a CE to her house; he replaced
the monitor, cleaned up any mess, and departed in his unmarked white van.

More recently, article I wrote about complaining -- mostly good news but some
failures:
http://archive.slickdeals.net/f/1979348-Creative-Griping-Makes-Friends-and-Brings-Rewards

And other interesting articles...

"The Very Picky Customer"
http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/07/27/the-very-picky-customer/

"What Satisfying Picky Customers Can Mean to a Business"
http://boss.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/08/18/the-critical-5-percent-of-customers/

"Five ways your customers say they are unhappy"
www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/30/crm_customer_satisfaction/

PeopleClaim: Taking Complaints Public Via the Web
bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/05/25/peopleclaim-taking-complaints-public-via-the-web/?nl=your-money&emc=your-moneyema4

Bottom line, complaining wins MUCH more often than not, and keeping quiet NEVER
wins...

Robert Prins said:

I hope this doesn't offend anyone, but here's a short story about
customer service...

--
Gabriel Goldberg, Computers and Publishing, Inc.       g...@gabegold.com
3401 Silver Maple Place, Falls Church, VA 22042           (703) 204-0433