From: Richards.Bob [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2006 10:55 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: manual incremental backups

Ginnie,

HSM Incremental backups for DR purposes? I certainly hope you do not
plan on doing HRECOVER APPLYINCREMENTAL commands during a DR. Takes
waaayyyy too long.

Do you really have a requirement for incremental backups at DR? Most
shops still using tapes use full volume DUMPs for data currency within
24 hours.

Any chance to move the Autobackup window away from your batch window?

If you would like to call, my number is listed below.

Bob Richards
VP, Enterprise Technologist
Suntrust Banks, Inc
(404) 575-2798