This is a bizarre response, Peter. Several of us have documented our need for a name/token list/search service, a need that we've felt strongly enough about to actually go to the trouble of writing complicated workarounds to your failure to fulfill that need. What more do you want by way of demonstrating a need?

it seems pretty clear to me that you should not take an approach that requires such a service.

Our needs dictate our approaches, Peter. If you feel that my product does not "need" a list/search service, then feel free to quit IBM and come work for me and find a better way to code to my product's needs.

If you feel that we are not competent enough to correctly determine our own needs, then why are you even talking to us?

David Cole