In <8848452157165904.wa.paulgboulderaim....@listserv.ua.edu>, on
07/30/2012
   at 09:27 AM, Paul Gilmartin <paulgboul...@aim.com> said:

>Was that uniformly true?

Was what universally true. I don't know of any S/360 card equipment
that used nonstandard CCW opcodes for read and punch. If you're
extending it to any other product line then all bets are off. In
particular, there were devices that did only column binary or only row
binary.

I don't recall whether column binary on the 2501 and 2540 was a
standard feature or a priced option. I'm pretty sure it was standard
on the 3505.

     Atid/2        <http://patriot.net/~shmuel>