On Tue, 28 Aug 2012 13:55:43 +0000, Meral Temel (Garanti Teknoloji) wrote:

> One cryptographic/compression co-processor per core

Presumably optionally disabled to comply with export restrictions?
I'm told we have the cryptographic PRNG disabled on most of our
processors because it's separately priced.  Is that true?  Will it
ever change?

> Cryptography support of UTF8<>UTF16 conversions

Shouldn't that be "UTF-8"?  I had never heard of UTF-16, but apparently
Microsoft uses it, so it must be OK.

Is UTF8<>UTF16 properly deemed "cryptography"?  What about ROT-13?

-- gil