i thought I just read a self-appointed list cop say that he would rather we
stop talking about cool stuff just so he doesn't have to  ... errr, umm.  hit
delete?  no, not that.  Skip it?  No, he would have to read it first. Some
people like Fortunato know what is best for me.  I don't know.  It isn't my
list.  But IMHO, flooding the list owner with complaints is more honest than
flooding the list.  but I digress.

Anyway, best way to stop an unwanted thread is to ignore it.  best way to let
someone else know you don't like what he/she is discussing it, is to just
ignore it.  so having said that.

Granted a punch card in no matter what language would most likely be 80 bytes
long.

but what about the very first language, assembler?  Mnemonics would most likely
hide a multitude of  grammatical elements, say, for example, the one that comes
to mind most often for me (other than SQL), which is COBOL.  Her language needs
lots of verbs and prepositions.  And Ms. Hopper's language was really just one
step ahead of assembler.

C?  Nothing there that requires any identity with any language.

JCL?  Nope.  It only has 6 verbs (according to Montresor Brooks, Jr). (1)

I just cannot help feeling that somewhere along the way languages similar as
English in some similar as English way makes some things easier in computer
stuff.  Cool people were talking about this and for me it was fun.

Now after being chastised I might as well go down with some pride and fortune.

Ciao.
Lindy

(1)
http://lilliana.eu/downloads/jcltalk.txt