>Thanks Peter. My suspicion is that it has something to do with one of
>-AUTOUID/AUTOGID being activated
>-BPX.SHARED getting defined
>-UNIXPRIV being activated (otherwise AUTOUID wouldn't work, with me
having alter to SUPERUSER.** and the rest of the world just read to
SUPERUSER.FILESYS).

I assume you meant SHARED.IDS in the UNIXPRIV class not BPX.SHARED,
right?

None of the above has anything to do with daemon processing and the
problem you encountered with FTP. I dare to say that all you need to do
is to make sure module DFSMRCL0 (and any other module loaded into FTPs
address spaces) are loaded from a program controlled library. You should
then be safe to define BPX.DAEMON again. And, you don't need to give
your FTP userid any access to BPX.DAEMON.

>All of this was active in the 1.10 system, too (with the exception of
the superuser.** definitions in UNIXPRIV). ftp behaved differently on
1.10 than it does on 1.13.

In what respect did it behave differently (except form the DFSMRCL0
problem you described)?

>One glaring difference is that in the 1.10 system I got RACF errors
when I hadn't made myself superuser and started trawling the filesystems
via ishell. This doesn't happen on the 1.13 system. Both were telling me
my EUID is 5002 or something when I first access the ishell.

Can it be your root file system had permission 700, which would lock out
anyone except uid=0 processes.

--
Peter Hunkeler