A point of clarification. A lot of this revolves around the day to day
meaning of 'engineer'. I have never encountered a shop that sends out
systems MTS folks to to open up a hardware box with screwdriver and
soldering iron in order to upgrade or downgrade or repair a Z box. That
practice is SOP in the wienieware world, not in the Z world.

So I repeat: what does a Z systems engineer do that a Z sysprog does not
do?

--

Skip Robinson
323-715-0595