On 4/08/2013 11:18 PM, John McKown wrote:
I've been considering Slickedit. But it is $299 for a perpetual single user
license. A bit steep for me when I'm just a dilettante on Linux. For work,
I use ISPF edit and a z/OS shell via ssh. As I've previously confessed, I
use vim on Linux. But I'm not into heavy editing. Mainly shell, Perl, and
PostgreSQL scripts.

It's a big ask to fork out $300 on an editor unless your company pays. Mine is actually $400 for a multi-platform license as I run Windows at work and Ubuntu at home. I've also got a Slickedit core plugin for Eclipse for RDz. I'm holding back on the new RDz due to the serious performance issues with Eclipse Juno http://www.jroller.com/andyl/entry/something_is_really_broken_with. How ironic that IBM and vendors are spending millions on Eclipse plug-ins while they leave the core platform to rot. IBM have probably pulled it's developer resources to work on something new like Orion.
All roads lead to the cloud these days.