I _knew_ I was unusual. I have set up BPX.NEXT.USER and automount on z/OS
UNIX to automatically create a UID and make a ${HOME} for any RACF id which
does UNIX work. Not that any of our programmers actually _use_ UNIX. Or are
even aware that it exists on z/OS. Almost all of the "adventurous"
programmers have been RIF'd and the few left don't have time to "fool
around" with "irrelevant" things like UNIX.

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Farley, Peter x23353 <
peter.far...@broadridge.com> wrote:

> Ze'ev,
>
> I would like to chime in and say that you started in exactly the right
> place for those of us who work where there is no unix file system space
> regularly made available to application programmers.  ISV's and SP's can
> allocate and populate unix file systems at will, while ordinary application
> programmers have no authority to perform such allocations.
>
> In my experience, SP's who have set up "automatic" allocation of
> "/u/tsouser" unix file system space for application users is not common and
> requesting it requires a business case, not easily made by a mere
> application programmer.
>
> Peter
>
> --
As of next week, passwords will be entered in Morse code.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown