From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Lizette Koehler
Sent: Friday, December 20, 2013 7:51 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: APF authorization and JOBLIB DD card

And the other question is

If I have a STEPLIB and a JOBLIB and the module I need is only in the JOBLIB,
would not the step with the STEPLIB looking for that module fail?

//JOBLIB DD DSN=MYLOAD.LIB,DISP=SHR          Module XYZ resides here
//S1   EXEC  PGM=XYZ
//STEPLIB DD DISP=SHR,DSN=APPL.LIB              Module XYZ does not exist in
this library

Would not S1 then abend with a S806 due to the JOBLIB being ignored?

My understanding has been that if you code a JOBLIB any module not found in the
STEPLIB would then search the JOBLIB and hopefully not fail.  This would also
allow for testing a new version without having to alter JCL by swapping load
libraries on JOBLIB and STEPLIB.  I could have the production version of the
module in JOBLIB and a testing version in the STEPLIB.  If it is bad, I delete
the version in STEPLIB and the job will find it in the JOBLIB.

That as soon as the module was found, then no more searching no matter where it
was found.

So if it is in the STEPLIB, then searching stops If it is found in the JOBLIB
then searching stops If it is found in the JPA, then searching stops.

So perhaps the intent is not that the JOBLIB is ignored. But that searching
stops if the module is found in the STEPLIB

Lizette

its current
> version contains the subtext
>
> <begin extract from extract>
> The directory is located on DASD with the data set, and is updated
whenever the
> module is changed. The directory entry contains information about the
module and
> where it is located in storage.
> </end extract from extract>
>
> which is at best misleading.  The data-set directory contains no
information about
> where in virtual or real storage any copy of a member may have been
> loaded
and
> no indicator that it is currently resident.  The phrase 'in storage'
should replaced by
> 'in the data set'.
>
> John Gilmore, Ashland, MA 01721 - USA

The information contained in this electronic communication and any document
attached hereto or transmitted herewith is confidential and intended for the
exclusive use of the individual or entity named above. If the reader of this
message is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for
delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
examination, use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
or any part thereof is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by reply e-mail
and destroy this communication. Thank you.