I think that's a better overview of the issue Martin, because you bring out the
important fact that z/OS doesn't forget about how to prioritize work just
because it's on a specialty engine. It's probably would also be a similarly
good rule of thumb that you shouldn't let your GPs get over 50% busy with the
most important system-related work. And having more dispatchable CPUs than less
has been better in my experience.

One small point though relative to your blog post: each DDF transaction
actually now creates two enclaves: an indepedent enclave and a work-dependent
enclave. It seems that the work-dependent enclave runs only on the GCP and does
40% of the work, while the independent enclave runs 100% on the zIIP and does
60% of the work. But it does appear from the doc and data that work dependent
enclave CPU time is captured in the indepedent enclave CPU time buckets, which
makes sense.

Scott