On Tue, 20 Sep 2016 10:53:59 -0600, Jack J. Woehr wrote:

>If the gang were using z/Linux regularly and had achieved familiarity, this
>whole teapot tempest could never have
>arisen. Get to know that weird LPAR you keep around.

You seem to be saying that the fault is in the users.

Not everyone on IBM-Main has access to a zLinux partition. Not everyone is able
to use open source software.

IBM made the mistake creating a file containing MVS documentation that couldn't
be used by their customers who are on Windoze machines and who are not able to
install any software on them.

>> It may be true that historically we had a lot more latitude than we do today.
>
>"The commander in the field is not bound by the whims of the sovereign." Sun
>Dze, _Art of War_

Maybe so, but that has nothing to do with the present situation.

--
Tom Marchant