I am going to say something you gentlemen may not like...

1) Do you need the product?
2) Do you need continued support, e.g. for legal and compliance reasons?
3) is the company in financial difficulties?

If the answer to all these is "yes" then paying the increased charges may be
your best option. If the company folds or files for protection  it matters not
how many bits of paper you have, if there is no business to honor the contracts
you have then replacing the product may be much more expensive. In my humble
IBM is the biggest player of these sorts of games and is doing an excellent job
of squeezing the last drop of blood from its traditional mainframe customers..

.. and throwing lawyers at a problem usually drives the costs up even more...

Dave Wade