As a vendor i have been receiving questions about DoS attacks on z/OS ..
I understand the idea / concept of perimeter defense , i was a Network
Engineer in a pass life.
But from a application point of view, if the application is using AT/TLS
and there are Pagent protection policies for PORTS/IP addresses and the
application is using encryption, where's the risk ???

Scott

On Wed, Jul 12, 2017 at 11:09 PM, Anne & Lynn Wheeler <l...@garlic.com>
wrote:

> 0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu (Paul Gilmartin) writes:
> > 8x11mm Minox camera?  I suppose physical security can interdict that.
> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minox#Technical_details_of_
> Minox_8.C3.9711_cameras
>
> re:
> http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2017g.html#74 Running unsupported is
> dangerous was Re: AW: Re: LE strikes again
>
> also in the wake of the company's "pentagon papers" type event, they
> retrofitted all company copier machines with serial number identifier on
> the underside of the glass, that would show up on all pages
> copied. example from this copied document over a decade later
> http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/grayft84.pdf
>
> trivia: not long after I graduated and joined the science center, the
> company got a new CSO ... as common in that era, had previously been at
> government agency & familiar with physical security (at one time head of
> presidential detail). I got tagged to run around with him for a time
> ... to talk about computer security.
>
> more trivia: I found my wifes father's WW2 status reports (from europe)
> at National Archives. They had been declassified but never "marked". The
> NA "reading room" required that cameras had to be registered (including
> serial number) and given permit and I had to have declassification tag
> that appeared in every image that I took.
> http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/dectag.jpg
>
> part of one of his reports
> http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2010i.html#82
>
> --
> virtualization experience starting Jan1968, online at home since Mar1970

*IDMWORKS *

Scott Ford

z/OS Dev.

“By elevating a friend or Collegue you elevate yourself, by demeaning a
friend or collegue you demean yourself”

www.idmworks.com

scott.f...@idmworks.com

Blog: www.idmworks.com/blog

*The information contained in this email message and any attachment may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any
printout thereof.*