I worked in Mexico saw CICS maps translated into Spanish.
Lived and worked for a large US/International Co. and at the Data Center in
Switzerland we spoke in Franlish ..Swiss French and English and keyboards
were in several place Swiss French. Data Center had 33 nationalities
working together.
It was quite an adventure ..

Scott

On Sat, Aug 12, 2017 at 9:09 PM Roger Bolan <rogerbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> That's very true and it works in the other direction too.  We worked on a
> product that started out in Japan and the manual for it had  been
> translated into English by someone in Japan.  It was completely unusable .
> We had to start over from scratch and rewrite the manual in English.
>
> On Aug 12, 2017 4:39 PM, "Charles Mills" <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:
>
> > I once had a customer say "PLEASE DON'T translate your manuals. We are
> > used to technical materials in English and know what they mean. If you
> > translate it into [French? German? I don't recall] we will have no idea
> > what you are trying to say."
> >
> > Charles

Scott Ford
IDMWORKS