That Brazilian mainframe shop was the poster child for the zBX and the Cell
blade. I don’t think it’s very active at this point – at least IBM hasn’t
talked about it for years.

FWIW, the one comment I’d contribute is the decline of NLS language messages
and documentation. In most cases, English and Japanese Kanji are the only
supported languages any more – all the hooks and libraries to display it are
still there, but the translated text isn’t. Even the uppercase English only
variant for messages has been dropped.

This can be a serious barrier to adoption – if you have to read docs in a
foreign language to explain a complex technical topic, that can be a pretty
steep hurdle, and the Japanese market can be very sensitive to that for various
past cultural reasons. When I worked with Fuji Xerox, they had a lot of people
supporting that to stay competitive in that market. There’s also been some
discussion of the EU dropping English as one of the formally accepted EU
languages with Brexit, so that may be an issue if/when it actually happens.