We use GIT for source as I stated above. I feel the learning curve is a bit
much.
But there are a couple interactive learning tutorials that a feel are good.

The 'fly in the ointment'  is when you have done a 'commit,push' and have
one approval for a pull request.
Like any other source mgmt system you have to know how to back out a PR for
example. I am still learning.

The diff and blame functions using GIT with Bitbucket are great...

Scott

Scott Ford
IDMWORKS
z/OS Development