[Default] On 10 Oct 2017 20:18:32 -0700, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
0000000433f07816-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu (Paul Gilmartin) wrote:

>On Tue, 10 Oct 2017 19:17:25 -0700, ste...@copper.net wrote:
>>
>>Your question had to do with manually doing IEBUPDTE commands. The users
>>where I am probably do, but I honestly don't know. The ISV(s) that provide
>>source maint; I have no clue how they do theirs.
>>
>I have not used IEBUPDTE extensively.  When I contributed to Charlotte, I made
>more use of CMS UPDATE, which is similar to IEBUPDTE, but with further features
>useful for source code control.  XEDIT can generate CMS UPDATE control files,
>but they contain some noise which I filtered out with a final pass through
>SuperC.
>
>There are more powerful tools than IEBUPDTE.  Embrace them.

It's not I but the vendors who have to embrace them and supply them.
The using organization has to use the vendor's method to apply
maintenance and updates.  Does your organization supply source to its
customers and what updating method does it use?

Clark Morris