On 2/13/2018 5:23 PM, Jesse 1 Robinson wrote:
This schema looks good, but I don't understand how '/SERVICE/' alone can handle
more than one z/OS release concurrently. We use '/OSRxx/' where xx represents
the version/release such as 12, 13, 21, 23. That way any number of releases can
be managed and *distinguished* concurrently. This has served us well since OMVS
was introduced. Besides handling the transition from one ver/rel to another, we
have at times had to keep more than one in production for extended periods.

.
.
J.O.Skip Robinson
Southern California Edison Company
Electric Dragon Team Paddler
SHARE MVS Program Co-Manager
323-715-0595 Mobile
626-543-6132 Office ⇐=== NEW
robin...@sce.com

I rise in support of my good friend, the distinguished gentleman from SoCal, and proffer another option. I now use the mountpoint /<resvol> for my version root, so /Z21RS1, /Z21RS2, etc. /SERVICE is so last century. PITA to maintain, PITA to keep current. With the volume name as the mount point, mounting and maintaining the version filesystem is a snap. Just edit the path name to change all the paths after your ZONECOPY, and you're done. If you have a symbol for your alternate res, you can mount the offline filesystem at IPL time.

Regards,
Tom Conley