From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of J R
Sent: 06 March 2018 16:05
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Codepage

>From an ASCII v EBCDIC standpoint, x'00' is NUL on both sides.  Why not use it
>as your end of message delimiter.

Of course, you haven't given the complete picture.  What else is in the message
stream?  Is it text only?  Are there any binary fields included?  Control
fields?  Etc?

> On Mar 6, 2018, at 09:54, scott Ford <idfli...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> I need some help on localization for codepages. The issue is we use a '~' as
> a end of messages delimiter. We have a customer wanting to use a different
> code page .
> Ebcdic codepage 285 to ascii codepage 437 .. We place a '~' which is a
> x'A1' which inside the normal Ebcdic 1140 codepage is x'7E', in 285 it is
> x'BC' which isn't translating . We can't use national language support yet,
> so we have been using a translate table ezacic04 from CICS sockets.
>

> Regards,
> Scott

This e-mail message has been scanned and cleared by Google Message Security
and the UNICOM Global security systems. This message is for the named
person's use only. If you receive this message in error, please delete it
and notify the sender.