All,

This isnt a Java issue see below:

Sample program calling EZACICTR with MODE in Table set to SINGLE...

CBL NOC(E),FLAG(W),DATA(31),NODYN,RES,RENT,OPT,MAP,NOSSR
CBL NOZWB,NUM,NOTERM,NOVBREF,X,APOST,LIB,LIST,NSYMBOL(NATIONAL)
       IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
       PROGRAM-ID. IDFNLS1.
       ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.
       INPUT-OUTPUT SECTION.
       FILE-CONTROL.
       DATA DIVISION.
       FILE SECTION.
       WORKING-STORAGE SECTION.
       01 TRANSLATE-RC        PIC 9(8) COMP.
       01 TRANSLATE-TBLNAME   PIC X(8).
       01 REPLY-MESSAGE-SIZE  PIC S9(5) COMP VALUE 0.
       01 WS-MSG-AREA         PIC X
            VALUE '~'.
       01 HEXNUM PIC X(4).
       01 DECNUM REDEFINES HEXNUM PIC S9(8) COMP.
       01 HEXVAL PIC X(20).
       01 HEXSTR   PIC X(16) VALUE '0123456789ABCDEF'.
       01 DEC    PIC S9(4) COMP.
       01 FILLER REDEFINES DEC.
          05 FILLER PIC X.
          05 DECBYTE PIC X.
       01 I      PIC S9(8) COMP.
       01 J      PIC S9(8) COMP.
       01 Q      PIC S9(8) COMP.
       01 R      PIC S9(8) COMP.
       01 J1     PIC S9(8) COMP.
       01 Q1     PIC S9(8) COMP.
       01 R1     PIC S9(8) COMP.
       PROCEDURE DIVISION.
           MOVE 1  TO REPLY-MESSAGE-SIZE
           MOVE 'UK' TO TRANSLATE-TBLNAME
           DISPLAY '--EBCDIC-IN ----'
           DISPLAY 'TRANS-TBL   ----' TRANSLATE-TBLNAME
           DISPLAY 'REPLY-MSG-SIZE  ' REPLY-MESSAGE-SIZE
           DISPLAY 'DATA IN --      ' WS-MSG-AREA
           CALL 'EZACIE2A' USING WS-MSG-AREA REPLY-MESSAGE-SIZE
               TRANSLATE-TBLNAME
               RETURNING TRANSLATE-RC.
           DISPLAY '--ASCII-OUT ----'
           DISPLAY 'TRANSLATE-RC    ' TRANSLATE-RC
           DISPLAY 'TRANS-TBL   ----' TRANSLATE-TBLNAME
           DISPLAY 'REPLY-MSG-SIZE  ' REPLY-MESSAGE-SIZE
           DISPLAY 'DATA OUT --     ' WS-MSG-AREA
           MOVE WS-MSG-AREA TO HEXNUM
           PERFORM VARYING I FROM 1 BY 1 UNTIL I > 4
                 COMPUTE J = 2 * I - 1
                 MOVE HEXNUM(I:1) TO DECBYTE
                 DIVIDE DEC BY 16 GIVING Q REMAINDER R
                 COMPUTE  J1 = J + 1
                 COMPUTE  Q1 = Q + 1
                 COMPUTE R1 = R + 1
                 MOVE HEXSTR(Q1:1) TO HEXVAL(J:1)
                 MOVE HEXSTR(R1:1) TO HEXVAL(J1:1)
           END-PERFORM.
                 DISPLAY 'PRINTABLE HEX: ' HEXVAL.
           GOBACK.

Heres the output:

--EBCDIC-IN ----
TRANS-TBL   ----UK
REPLY-MSG-SIZE  00001
DATA IN --      ~
--ASCII-OUT ----
TRANSLATE-RC    00000012  -- this indicates wrong number of parameters
TRANS-TBL   ----UK
REPLY-MSG-SIZE  00001
DATA OUT --     ~
PRINTABLE HEX: A1404040

Second execution - EZACICTR MODE set to MULTIPLE

--EBCDIC-IN ----
TRANS-TBL   ----UK
REPLY-MSG-SIZE  00001
DATA IN --      ~
PRINTABLE HEX: A1404040
--ASCII-OUT ----
TRANSLATE-RC    00000000
TRANS-TBL   ----UK
REPLY-MSG-SIZE  00001
DATA OUT --
*PRINTABLE HEX: EE404040*

I need to whats going on so i can fix it..
The EZACICTR is a IBM supplied table...from TCPIP.SEZAINST, we should be
seeing the  * PRINTABLE HEX: A1404040*

Anyone have any ideas...

Scott

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 11:37 AM Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

> GX20-0157-2, GX20-1850-3 and GX20-1850-36 have ~  at A1, with an alternate
> glyph of degree sign.
>
> --
> Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

*IDMWORKS *

Scott Ford

z/OS Dev.

“By elevating a friend or Collegue you elevate yourself, by demeaning a
friend or collegue you demean yourself”

www.idmworks.com

scott.f...@idmworks.com

Blog: www.idmworks.com/blog

*The information contained in this email message and any attachment may be
privileged, confidential, proprietary or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
use of this message and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to
the message and permanently delete it from your computer and destroy any
printout thereof.*