scott Ford wrote:

>We are using EZACICTR..we build a message inside our STC and convert EBCDIC
>data to ASCII data based on a Parm, I.e.; codepage=uk is in side the
>EZACICTR the entry is selected data converted, then encrypted and a
>socket-write issued to a Java server. Part of our message build for example
>maybe create a list of RACF userids, at the very end we add a '~' to tell the
>Java server that's the end of data. We have done used the COBOL codepage 1140
>for EBCDIC data..the Java server is using codepage 437. All characters are
>good no problems. Using a different EBCDIC codepage from EZACICTR yields a
>tilde on z/OS but not on the Java server..hence the problem..

Ok, I understand. Thanks.

>Any ideas ?

Perhaps you can generate all characters from x'00' to whatever limit there is
and see what character yields a tilde?

Sorry, I can't help here (I am not a Java guy...). If you can't get help, I
believe you should submit a formal request to fix it?

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht

send email to with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN