David Boyes wrote:
On 3/27/18, 9:48 AM, "IBM Mainframe Discussion List on behalf of John Eells"
<IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU on behalf of ee...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

Ah, so that's what you meant.  I hadn't inferred that from your earlier post.

Sorry, replies crossed in the ether.

As the original builder of the ADCD systems (originally created to
support P390s)

Didn't the P370 also support AWSTAPE? I don't remember -- that was a long time
ago. Or were you just using P390 as a generic term?

However, we do not, and have no plans to, deliver the DVD files in AWSTAPE
format.

I'd quite forgotten about P370, in part because I don't know that it was ever available external to IBM. It might well have been what the AWS* things were ogiginally written for, and if so, I stand (well, sit, at the moment) corrected.

But in any event, we have no plans to support AWSTAPE format for software delivery in general. It's not at all clear to me that it would solve anything that is not already solved by retrieving the files from a workstation file system (hard drive or DVD), either, and until someone shows me how it would be, I don't know why I'd support the effort to do it. (And, as it happens, it's not actually trivial to implement it in the software delivery process.)

--
John Eells
IBM Poughkeepsie