On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 9:12 AM, Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org> wrote:

> UNIX System Services is a core part of z/OS. If it is z/OS, then USS is
> there. They are inseparable. If the system runs TCP/IP, then USS is running.

​I am fairly sure that they do have TCPIP running on the floor system. But
I'm not sure because we don't ftp to/from it and we use the VM "DIAL"
command to get a local non-SNA terminal to access the floor system. And I
just don't remember.​

> Might Sungard by tying off the UNIX shell in some way? I suppose it is
> conceivable.

​That's what I'm wondering. They could be running a "null" type
configuration where it is basically unusable because, for instance, there
are no R/W filesystems and so no place for me to "install" my UNIX program.