When the disaster hits, you may not be one of the survivors.
So plan needs to be prepared and ready in advance such that
any admin could execute it.

For us, Sungard labels the floor volumes as SGxxxx.
A VM guest definition should be provided to you in advance with
dasd definitions such as:
*
* 3390-27
*
 LINK DASD 5800 5800 MW
 LINK DASD 5801 5801 MW
 LINK DASD 5802 5802 MW

You should be able to use that as input to a script to generate
the JCL.  A prelimary step for us is to always issue vary online
commands on the floor system to verify that they really gave us
all the devices they were supposed to.   Sometimes they miss a
few which fouls up the DBS restore job.

. I have a