On Mon, 14 May 2018 19:21:59 +0000, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

>>>In all of this, I don't remember the OP ever mentioning saving and restoring
>>>the 64-bit registers. Without doing that the calling conventions are
>>>violated,
>>>and you are breaking any AMODE(64) caller.

>>The intention was for this to be used by a 32-bit
>>program, that only executes 32-bit instructions,
>>that only ever change 32-bit registers, which
>>means that you only need to save and restore
>>32-bit registers.

>So there was no intention to run under z/OS?

I don't understand the comment. z/OS is indeed
a target, and if you try running a 32-bit program
in AM64 on z/OS you will find that it runs perfectly
fine, and you only need to save the 32-bit registers.
So long as you only use 32-bit instructions and
don't disturb the upper 32 bits of registers.

BFN. Paul.