I think it is worthwhile. I  can understand why you are dubious WRT previous experiences with z/OSMF but Zowe looks different. It's using cutting edge JavaScript frameworks like Angular for the UI which comes from Google. They have embraced open source and I've checked out the github repo and it looks good. Let's face it, recreating ISPF using HTML was a bad idea! But this is hopefully a new direction. I'm still confused what is free and what you have to pay for. the zLUX UI has a 3270 emulator but it appears that you need a library from Rocket which I assume comes from their 3270 emulation suite (commerical). Vendors don't want to give away money spinning products do they? Most of us will stick to our emulator of choice anyway.

On 16/08/2018 7:32 PM, Dyck, Lionel B. (RavenTek) wrote:
Tried to look at it from the office and our firewall blocks it ☹

I did read up on it and my 1st impressions are that it is yet another attempt
to create a new system management interface utilizing z/OSMF and provide the
tools/parts for anyone to build them. Is this worthwhile - I'm not sure yet.
Replacing a sub-second response interface using TN3270 with a multi-second web
interface (based on experience using z/OSMF ISPF option) does not seem like a
step in the right direction.

Lionel B. Dyck (Contractor)  <sdg><
Mainframe Systems Programmer – RavenTek Solution Partners

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of David Crayford
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2018 6:27 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Zowe install woes

Lots of buzz about Zowe [1] at SHARE this week and first impressions are
overwhelmingly positive. It looks like a great initiative to modernize the
mainframe without tubby Eclipse. We downloaded the beta but it was missing
parts, most importantly installation scripts so it's a bit of a anti-climax.
Has anybody
managed to install Zowe successfully?

[1] https://zowe.org