David - deploying into the z/OSMF Liberty instance is a no-no as it is
part of the z/OS operating system and IBM wants to control what runs there
for support reasons/security, etc. (I think there maybe be T&Cs that limit
what runs there. I have not dug into the specifics to know if there is any
signing of the code or technical limits.)

We are looking at how we can provide extensibility of the Zowe Explorer
instance. Explorer code is running on Liberty for z/OS. There is nothing
technically preventing things from running there that I am aware. The
nuances of that is better asked in the slack channel.  I don't want to
play lawyer too much here. We want to provide extensibility of that
Liberty but we need to ensure what runs there is Zowe-related processing.

Bruce Armstrong
IBM System Z Offering Manager- zowe.org
4205 S MIAMI BLVD, DURHAM NC 27703-9141
Email: armst...@us.ibm.com