On Thu, 10 Jan 2019 17:59:07 +0000, Seymour J Metz wrote:

>for the code written in PL/S (nee BSL), the optional source has the generated
>assembler with the source PL/S as comments; I found that reasonably easy to
>work with even though I would rather have had a PL/S compiler.

Ugh!  Working for an ISV I was once tasked with enhancing an MVS 3.8 module
from the legally available PL/S generated assembler.  For both MVS and VSE.
The generated labels disagreed so I needed to duplicate much of my work.
And while the original PL/S properly defined constants with EQU, comments
mentioned the assigned value, so when I changed the EQU I needed to chase
the references and change the coments also.

Apparently the original coding standard had required a comment on every line.
In some cases the coder had satisfied this with nonsensical comments.  I
deleted the nonsensical and newly incorrect comments.

-- gil